Cookies & Web Beacons Policy
“Cookies" are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive once you sign out from our Website or close your web browser.
• promoting and enforcing trust and safety;
• allowing you to enter your password and other personal information less frequently;
• allowing you to access certain secure areas of our Website, in which case these types of cookies are strictly necessary;
• allowing us to collate information about your use of our Website as well as the use of other visitors to determine trends that enable us to improve the Website for your better browsing experience;
• remembering your preferences;
• presenting information that’s targeted to your interests;
• measuring the effectiveness of our Website, services, content, and advertising;
• facilitating conversation threads and other services on discussion boards (these cookies are placed by our board service providers); and
A “web beacon” is an electronic image placed in the code of a web page. We use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one Website page to another and to improve site performance.
Your choices about cookies
We use Flash cookies, which are cookies written with Flash technology, to help ensure that your account security is not compromised and to spot irregularities in behavior to prevent your account from being fraudulently taken over.
We may work with other companies who place cookies or web beacons on our Website. These companies help operate our Website and provide you with additional products and services. They are subject to confidentiality agreements with Acker and other legal restrictions. We do not permit any of these companies to collect personal information using cookies or web beacons on our Website.
We participate in cookie-based ad networks and exchanges. Although these companies use some anonymous information about you to display ads, we don’t permit these companies to collect any personal information about you.
We don’t permit third party content on our Website (such as item listings) to include cookies or web beacons. If you believe a listing might be collecting personal information or using cookies, please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.